Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Driscoll's launches new sustainable packingDriscollís is continually seeking to improve and delight consumers with the finest berries. They are launching a new raspberry packaging concept of 12* 125 gr in week 18. At the same time as increasing the visibility of the fruit, the new packaging should reduce the company's carbon footprint.
Research has shown that consumers have a preference for a more visual packaging. Therefore, Driscollís has decided to introduce a flat, single layered, almost square punnet with great berry visibility. 87% of consumers think this new raspberry packaging makes a good to very good first impression. Also, the new packaging scores significantly higher on buying intention.
In addition to this, the new packaging is also effective and efficient for retailers and growers. By switching to the 12* 125 gr packaging, Driscollís is able to reduce transport by improving transport efficiency through increasing the number of punnets per box. This leads to 30-40% more berries per pallet per truck. At the same time, as there will be 30% less cardboard used, the new packaging reduces waste and also decreases the number of pallets with 30%-40%. This will help Driscollís make gains in terms of sustainability. As it is now one layer per punnet, also fruit quality will profit from the new packaging size.
The new raspberry packaging will still be offered next to the current 8*125 gr packaging.
For more information:
Driscoll's of Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +31 (0)76 530 5622
Fax: +31 (0)76 513 7001
Publication date: 4/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: