Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
From complexity to simplicity
Italy: UNI_BOX makes it easy to open collapsible cratesAt Fruit Logistica 2012 UNITEC, a leading company in technological solutions and machinery for fruit and vegetable industry, introduced an innovation in fruit and vegetable packing plants.
This is the UNI_BOX®, a machine designed and built to open any kind of collapsible crates (40x60cm) quickly and carefully. Thanks to a dedicated software, developed by UNITEC itself, UNI_BOX® can be easily set up to adapt its opening movement for up to 40 different types of crates!
"UNI_BOX® represents a further step to use ergonomics in companies, since it relieves workers from opening collapsible crates which is a hard, repetitive work", says the UNITEC technical manager Riccardo Ancarani.
Since last year, UNITEC has been promoting technological innovations aimed at the health of workers in fruit and vegetable companies according to OCRA standards adopted by European Union to define risks at work and how to prevent them.
Flexibility and Performance
Not only does it make a complex, repetitive action easy, it is also fast: it can open 1,100 crates p/h carefully and delicately which prevents crates from possible damage as Riccardo Ancarani explains.
"Crates, closed in the machine, can be loaded by means of a pallet jack, making it practical to supply the machine. Last but not least feature, the presence of wheels which let UNI_BOX® move everywhere easily, even on mezzanines where the packaging lines are supplied".
For more information:
Via Provinciale Cotignola, 20/9
48022 Lugo (RA)
Phone: +39 (0)545 288884
Fax: +39 (0)545 288709
Publication date: 4/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: