Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
From complexity to simplicity
Italy: UNI_BOX makes it easy to open collapsible cratesAt Fruit Logistica 2012 UNITEC, a leading company in technological solutions and machinery for fruit and vegetable industry, introduced an innovation in fruit and vegetable packing plants.
This is the UNI_BOX®, a machine designed and built to open any kind of collapsible crates (40x60cm) quickly and carefully. Thanks to a dedicated software, developed by UNITEC itself, UNI_BOX® can be easily set up to adapt its opening movement for up to 40 different types of crates!
"UNI_BOX® represents a further step to use ergonomics in companies, since it relieves workers from opening collapsible crates which is a hard, repetitive work", says the UNITEC technical manager Riccardo Ancarani.
Since last year, UNITEC has been promoting technological innovations aimed at the health of workers in fruit and vegetable companies according to OCRA standards adopted by European Union to define risks at work and how to prevent them.
Flexibility and Performance
Not only does it make a complex, repetitive action easy, it is also fast: it can open 1,100 crates p/h carefully and delicately which prevents crates from possible damage as Riccardo Ancarani explains.
"Crates, closed in the machine, can be loaded by means of a pallet jack, making it practical to supply the machine. Last but not least feature, the presence of wheels which let UNI_BOX® move everywhere easily, even on mezzanines where the packaging lines are supplied".
For more information:
Via Provinciale Cotignola, 20/9
48022 Lugo (RA)
Phone: +39 (0)545 288884
Fax: +39 (0)545 288709
Publication date: 4/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: