Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
From complexity to simplicity
Italy: UNI_BOX makes it easy to open collapsible cratesAt Fruit Logistica 2012 UNITEC, a leading company in technological solutions and machinery for fruit and vegetable industry, introduced an innovation in fruit and vegetable packing plants.
This is the UNI_BOX®, a machine designed and built to open any kind of collapsible crates (40x60cm) quickly and carefully. Thanks to a dedicated software, developed by UNITEC itself, UNI_BOX® can be easily set up to adapt its opening movement for up to 40 different types of crates!
"UNI_BOX® represents a further step to use ergonomics in companies, since it relieves workers from opening collapsible crates which is a hard, repetitive work", says the UNITEC technical manager Riccardo Ancarani.
Since last year, UNITEC has been promoting technological innovations aimed at the health of workers in fruit and vegetable companies according to OCRA standards adopted by European Union to define risks at work and how to prevent them.
Flexibility and Performance
Not only does it make a complex, repetitive action easy, it is also fast: it can open 1,100 crates p/h carefully and delicately which prevents crates from possible damage as Riccardo Ancarani explains.
"Crates, closed in the machine, can be loaded by means of a pallet jack, making it practical to supply the machine. Last but not least feature, the presence of wheels which let UNI_BOX® move everywhere easily, even on mezzanines where the packaging lines are supplied".
For more information:
Via Provinciale Cotignola, 20/9
48022 Lugo (RA)
Phone: +39 (0)545 288884
Fax: +39 (0)545 288709
Publication date: 4/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: