Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New book on Colombian exporting bananas (1995-2010)
Colombia: Institutional developments of banana sectorThe redefinition of priorities in the banana industry in Colombia is the backbone of the document, which shows the changing concerns of the sectors involved in the production and marketing of bananas with special emphasis on small producers.
In his preface, the author Jahir Lombana, Ph.D. announces: "From the concern about violence in the regions of production, new concerns are the exchange rate and international price pressures. The ownership of land and the relationship between producers and traders changes every day. Small farmers are aware of these changes, but so far are not able to avoid them. Therefore, they need additional support to improve organizational processes, quality of its product, availability of credit among others, to fit to market conditions and agreements through the supply chain."
Click here for a larger image
This document is a source of consultation for the agents of the banana chain and it is of particular interest to small banana producers. You can access the document in English version in the repository directly from FAO: http://www.fao.org/docrep/meeting/022/AM484E.pdf
Jahir Lombana Ms.A., Ph.D. is a researcher, consultant and lecturer in International Trade and Competitiveness of the Business School - Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla - Colombia. Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: 3/26/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: