Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New book on Colombian exporting bananas (1995-2010)
Colombia: Institutional developments of banana sectorThe redefinition of priorities in the banana industry in Colombia is the backbone of the document, which shows the changing concerns of the sectors involved in the production and marketing of bananas with special emphasis on small producers.
In his preface, the author Jahir Lombana, Ph.D. announces: "From the concern about violence in the regions of production, new concerns are the exchange rate and international price pressures. The ownership of land and the relationship between producers and traders changes every day. Small farmers are aware of these changes, but so far are not able to avoid them. Therefore, they need additional support to improve organizational processes, quality of its product, availability of credit among others, to fit to market conditions and agreements through the supply chain."
Click here for a larger image
This document is a source of consultation for the agents of the banana chain and it is of particular interest to small banana producers. You can access the document in English version in the repository directly from FAO: http://www.fao.org/docrep/meeting/022/AM484E.pdf
Jahir Lombana Ms.A., Ph.D. is a researcher, consultant and lecturer in International Trade and Competitiveness of the Business School - Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla - Colombia. Comments to email@example.com
Publication date: 3/26/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: