Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Brazil: Cutrale invests in the improvement of orange qualityCutrale is a world leader in the production of orange juice concentrate and is focused on increasing its global market share in the fresh orange trade.
Cutrale started the 2012 season with significant investments to increase the efficiency of their packing house facility, aiming to achieve a higher quality in the fruit to be exported.
To help realise this goal the company now has a specific harvesting procedure for the fruit taken to the Packing House including, a post-harvest treatment carried out at the farm itself immediately after harvesting in order to preserve fruit freshness until it reaches the Packing House.
The company have also acquired automatic calibrator machinery to select and segregate fruit. The machinery is able to spot black spot symptoms, colour, size etc.
These actions are part of a continuous improvement plan mainly focused on minimizing as much as possible the risk of fruit rejection by the phytosanitary authorities in the EEC.
During past years the member-countries of the EEC represented the main receivers of fresh fruit exported by Cutrale and adjustments made in the Packing House now were primary motivated to meet the quality requirements imposed there but simultaneously also increase the company´s market share in Middle East and Asian markets where demand for the juicy and tasty Brazilian fruit is also increasing.
For more information:
SUCOCÍTRICO CUTRALE LTDA
Av Padre José de Anchieta, 470
14.807-000, Araraquara, São Paulo
Tel:+ 55 (16) 3301-1144
Publication date: 2/28/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: