Job offersmore »
- Sales Manager Pacific - Roermond
- Production Manager - Badajoz, Spain
- General Manager - Ethiopia
- Cultivation Manager - Ethiopia
- General Manager: Saudi Greenhouses Management & Agri Marketing Co.
- Plant Specialist with focus on Ornamentals & young plants - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist with focus on Cityfarming - Netherlands
- Head Grower Soft Fruit, USA or Spain/Portugal
- Research & Knowledge Transfer Manager - United Kingdom
- Greenhouse Grower - Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tacler Livestreammore »
AU: Achacha honored at Fruit Logistica
Out of ten companies recently nominated for the Fruit Logistica innovations award, Achacha, a fruit grown commercially in Australia, took home third place. The honors were presented at the 2012 Fruit Logistica conference held in Berlin from February 8th through the 10th.
Commenting on their company's recent success at Fruit Logistica, Bruce Hill, Director at Achacha Fruit Group, said the award is good recognition for ongoing innovation within the fresh produce industry.
“The Achacha is but a small part of the world's fruit platter,” he said, “but being able to present at Fruit Logistica means that each person involved, from farm hand to fruit agent to chef, has the satisfaction of knowing that there is some appreciation and recognition involved in developing new and innovative products for mankind.”
Originally from the Amazon Basin in Bolivia, where it is known as the achachairú, the Achacha is now cultivated in Australia under an agreement with the Bolivian government agency responsible for agriculture. The agreement currently gives Achacha Fruit Group the sole right to grow the fruit commercially outside of Bolivia.
The fruit is similar in size and shape to an egg, and has an average weight of 50 grams. It has a bright orange skin with sweet, tangy flesh underneath.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: