Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Sweet success for sweet potato grower & importerThe UK’s leading grower and importer of sweet potatoes, Scott Farms International, has hailed its first-time attendance as an exhibitor at Fruit Logistica, Berlin a sweet success.
It was at the world’s largest fresh produce trade show that delegates had an opportunity to enjoy a taste of the Scott Farms International love sweet potatoes campaign and introduce them to the wonders of this humble but hard-working vegetable.
Sweet potatoes are a highly nutritious, versatile vegetable packed full of vitamins and minerals and can be eaten raw or cooked.
Celebrity chef Felice Tocchini brought his theatre of food to the exhibition floor at Berlin Messe with demonstrations of recipes designed in conjunction with Scott Farms International to showcase the versatility of the sweet potato. Visitors to the stand were able to sample a range of sweet treats from goat’s cheese and sweet potato salad to sweet potato and white chocolate cake.
The Scott Farms International stand attracted thousands of visitors and clearly positioned the business as the leading grower and importer of sweet potatoes into the UK and continental Europe.
‘As the leading grower and importer of sweet potatoes into the UK and continental Europe, Scott Farms International was proud to bring its love sweet potatoes campaign to Fruit Logistica for the first time,’ said Scott Farms International CEO, Stan Smith.
‘With thousands of delegates visiting our stand during the three-day show the business is sure to benefit over the next 12 months. As the year progresses we will be launching new initiatives to capitalise on this excellent product which has so much to offer,’ he said.
For more information:
Te: 0044 1481 728841
Publication date: 2/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: