Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Sweet success for sweet potato grower & importerThe UK’s leading grower and importer of sweet potatoes, Scott Farms International, has hailed its first-time attendance as an exhibitor at Fruit Logistica, Berlin a sweet success.
It was at the world’s largest fresh produce trade show that delegates had an opportunity to enjoy a taste of the Scott Farms International love sweet potatoes campaign and introduce them to the wonders of this humble but hard-working vegetable.
Sweet potatoes are a highly nutritious, versatile vegetable packed full of vitamins and minerals and can be eaten raw or cooked.
Celebrity chef Felice Tocchini brought his theatre of food to the exhibition floor at Berlin Messe with demonstrations of recipes designed in conjunction with Scott Farms International to showcase the versatility of the sweet potato. Visitors to the stand were able to sample a range of sweet treats from goat’s cheese and sweet potato salad to sweet potato and white chocolate cake.
The Scott Farms International stand attracted thousands of visitors and clearly positioned the business as the leading grower and importer of sweet potatoes into the UK and continental Europe.
‘As the leading grower and importer of sweet potatoes into the UK and continental Europe, Scott Farms International was proud to bring its love sweet potatoes campaign to Fruit Logistica for the first time,’ said Scott Farms International CEO, Stan Smith.
‘With thousands of delegates visiting our stand during the three-day show the business is sure to benefit over the next 12 months. As the year progresses we will be launching new initiatives to capitalise on this excellent product which has so much to offer,’ he said.
For more information:
Te: 0044 1481 728841
Publication date: 2/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: