Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Natural hybrid rich in antioxidants
Italy: Suntime introduces the new 'chocolate-tomato' Sacher F1Focusing on research and innovation, the Italian seed company Suntime, founded a few years ago by some young entrepreneurs of Ragusa province (Sicily), developed Sacher F1, an indeterminate special tomato with the colour of chocolate (the name recalls the famous Viennese cake). The brownish red tomato is not a biotech result, but it comes from cross-fertilizing.
The only difference compared to commercial varieties is its brownish red colour due to an higher presence of lycopene and chlorophyl. "The sum of these two pigments together with anthocyans results in the particular brownish red colour, almost black" Fabrizio Iurato, agronomist and technician at Suntime, explains.
The high lycopene content makes Sacher F1 a variety able to attract particular interest not only for its colour but also for its nutritional profile.
Features of Sacher F1
- 5-7 fruits on cluster
- 150 gr/fruit
- Very early
- Firm and quality
- Long Shelf Lıfe
- Perfect taste and aroma
- Tolerant to ToMV, Ve, F 0-1-2, N
- Cultivation: Spring and Autumn in greenhouse
Main market is at the moment northern Europe, while in Italy demand is still limited, even if with an upwards trend.
Now Suntime aim is to spread Sacher F1 tomato as niche product.
Per maggiori info:
Tel./fax: +39 (0)95 7795680
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: