Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hall 4.2 / Stand A-09
Italy: BioOrto organic products at Fruit Logistica 2012Apricena-based Soc. coop. Bio Orto is a producers' organization that produces and sells fresh organic vegetables at the foot of the Gargano National Park.
It manages over 300 hectares of land whose products are delivered and processed by the company in a modern factory of 20,000 square meters. About 8,000 of these are used for processing room with seven complete production lines that allow to operate on products in bulk, punnets with film and/or flow pack. Another 8,000 square meters are dedicated to product storing, through a modern refrigeration system which includes ten refrigerated cells.
During the winter, BioOrto produces and sells broccoli, Romanesco cabbage, cauliflower, celery, fennel, chard and radicchio. Typical of summer season are courgettes, seedless table grapes, tomato, melon and mini-watermelon.
BioOrto owns Reg 834/07, BioSuisse, GlobalGAP, HACCP and ISO 9001:2000 certifications and was able to establish itself on the organic market becoming a strong partner of all the major European supermarket chains.
From left: Nino Junior Passalacqua, a hostess, Giulia Passalacqua and Mirko Conte, During Fruit Logistica 2011.
Giulia Passalacqua, BioOrto marketing manager, says: "2011 campaign was a busy year but it has also brought some rewards to our company, which has been committed in safeguarding and quality assurance of organic products for years."
"Not only our existing clients have renewed confidence, but we have also opened new markets thanks to the impeccable management of the entire chain, from production to packaging and quality of final product."
"Creating confidence is our main goal: it's difficult to achieve and for this reason it may be the greatest competitive advantage" Giulia concludes.
BioOrto will be at Fruit Logistica, Hall 4.2 / Stand A-09.
BioOrto Soc. Coop.
Loc. Posta dei Colli
71011 Apricena - Italy
Phone: +39 882 645787
Fax: +39 882 646418
Mobile: +39 348 5211156
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: