Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
- Account Manager Australia & New Zealand
- General Manager – Vegetables and Herbs production
- Managing Director Vietnam
- Quality Control Manager - Australia
- Managing Director - Kent Based
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Organic farming 'boosts biodiversity and bees'
- Gap between kiwi seasons bodes well for European suppliers
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
Exchange ratesmore »
Bananas are worldwide a very important source of food with an annual production of more than 130 million tons. India is the largest producer in the world with almost 30 million tons, whilst Latin American countries dominate the international banana trade. It has been established that the fruit in sub-Saharan Africa supplies the most important contribution to healthy food of more than 100 million people.
Publication date: 1/18/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: