Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Food Freshly to switch to organic sector for 2017Bio-preservation specialist, Food Freshly, has launched a new product developed to keep sliced (organic) apples in an optimum condition, as part of a major company-wide transition to organic products throughout 2017.
With organic production growing worldwide, the importance of conventional antioxidants for apples and other fruits is shifting. The development of O Plus BIO-3, Food Freshly’s flagship product for sliced apples, has boosted this trend. The product is certified organic in the EU, the US, and Canada, and according to Food Freshly has been proven to deliver an up to 15% better performance than conventional antioxidants found in the market.
Benjamin Singh, Director of Technical Sales at Food Freshly, said: “The superior performance of O Plus BIO-3 enables our customers to process a larger range of apple varieties of differing qualities. In a lot of cases, O Plus BIO-3 saves costs as the product can be accurately dosed during production, avoiding over usage and reducing labour costs. The product’s high performance also reduces risks of costly rejections due to quality issues.”
Conventional Freshness Retainers like Food Freshly’s O Plus Ultra line will still be available to customers but the company sees the future in using organic ingredients especially on sliced apples.
“Consumer awareness of organic products is rising, especially in a world where GMO apples can be found on the shelves,” added Singh. “Additionally, the fact that products like O Plus BIO-3 can be used on organic and conventional apples hugely simplifies production processes for fresh-cut companies.”
O Plus BIO-3 is already being used successfully by customers in North America and Europe on apples, potatoes, and selected fruits and vegetables.
Food freshly will exhibit at Fruit Logistica 2017 in Berlin, Germany from 8-10 February in Hall 10.1, Stand A-05.
For more information:
Director, Sales and Marketing
FOOD Freshly North America Inc.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: