Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Food Freshly to switch to organic sector for 2017Bio-preservation specialist, Food Freshly, has launched a new product developed to keep sliced (organic) apples in an optimum condition, as part of a major company-wide transition to organic products throughout 2017.
With organic production growing worldwide, the importance of conventional antioxidants for apples and other fruits is shifting. The development of O Plus BIO-3, Food Freshly’s flagship product for sliced apples, has boosted this trend. The product is certified organic in the EU, the US, and Canada, and according to Food Freshly has been proven to deliver an up to 15% better performance than conventional antioxidants found in the market.
Benjamin Singh, Director of Technical Sales at Food Freshly, said: “The superior performance of O Plus BIO-3 enables our customers to process a larger range of apple varieties of differing qualities. In a lot of cases, O Plus BIO-3 saves costs as the product can be accurately dosed during production, avoiding over usage and reducing labour costs. The product’s high performance also reduces risks of costly rejections due to quality issues.”
Conventional Freshness Retainers like Food Freshly’s O Plus Ultra line will still be available to customers but the company sees the future in using organic ingredients especially on sliced apples.
“Consumer awareness of organic products is rising, especially in a world where GMO apples can be found on the shelves,” added Singh. “Additionally, the fact that products like O Plus BIO-3 can be used on organic and conventional apples hugely simplifies production processes for fresh-cut companies.”
O Plus BIO-3 is already being used successfully by customers in North America and Europe on apples, potatoes, and selected fruits and vegetables.
Food freshly will exhibit at Fruit Logistica 2017 in Berlin, Germany from 8-10 February in Hall 10.1, Stand A-05.
For more information:
Director, Sales and Marketing
FOOD Freshly North America Inc.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: