Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Agroy E-Commerce Platform is a wholesaler for farmersAgroy is an e-commerce platform that lets farmers connect with other farmers and find wholesale products from around the globe. Brad McDonald, co-founder, equates his company as an Amazon-type platform that makes agricultural products available and affordable. The company’s calls itself “a price freedom fighter for farmers.” Products include things like fertilizer, chemicals and seeds.
The overarching goal, says McDonald, is to “provide any product a farmer writes a check for. The goal is when a farmer logs into their account they can be confident the products are not only the cheapest in their area, they’re the cheapest in the world.”
So for example, a farmer in Texas might log into their account and be able to find and buy fertilizer from Iowa for a better price than they would find in their own area.
Farmers can sign up for Agroy for free, and Agroy negotiates with companies on the price at which goods are sold, as well as areas where those goods will be available.
Winsightgrocerybusiness.com explains how the company started in Finland in 2011 and now, according to McDonald, supplies 8% of the agricultural land purchases there. They’ve launched a branch in India and are looking to expand to Brazil and Central America.
Publication date: 7/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: