Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruit and veg prices rising much faster in Russia than in the EU
Between January and May 2018, food products became 2.1% more expensive in Russia, while in the European Union, the same products saw prices grow by just 1.1%, according to Rosstat.
The most notable difference was recorded in the price of vegetables, which grew by 14.4% in Russia, while in the EU they only increased by 2.7%. Meanwhile, fruit prices rose by 9.3%, while in the EU, they only increased by 6.7%.
It is worth noting that in 2017, the picture was the reverse, with prices in Russia rising more slowly than in the EU. Last year, food prices in Russia grew by 0.7%, while in the EU they increased by 2.6%.
Publication date: 7/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: