Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Newfoundland firms test new potato varieties
E.W. Gaze Seeds Co. and Phytocultures Ltd. are working together to bring new types of potatoes to Newfoundland and Labrador, from South America. E.W. Gaze Seeds Co., founded in Newfoundland in 1925, specializes in selling “high-quality vegetable and flower seeds”.
Phytocultures Ltd. reached out to E.W. Gaze to try out the new potato seeds they have been working on for a few years. The store is giving away free samples to people who will plant the potatoes and let them know if they will grow. The project has received a great deal of interest from locals. The sample potatoes seeds soon ran out due to eager gardeners.
As reported on thechronicleherald.ca, one group of people the store wants to give samples to are the members of the Facebook page Backyard Vegetable Farmers NL.
According to their Facebook page, “This group is for Newfoundlanders and Labradorians who grow vegetables in their backyards or homes. It’s a place to share photos, progress, plans, tips, struggles and solutions, and to grow a community of self-sufficiency and food security in our province.”
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: