Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Intent on exporting 1,000 tons of special litchis this year
Provincial authorities in Vietnam's northern Hai Duong province, home to a special kind of litchi called 'thieu', have plans to export 1,000 tons of the fruit in 2018. Thieu litchi trees are grown according to VietGAP or GlobalGAP standards, meeting strict requirements of export markets such as the US, Australia and the EU. Thieu litchis are exported to the Chinese market as well.
Hai Duong currently has some 10,500 hectares of litchi trees, mainly thieu litchis, in Thanh Ha district and Chi Linh town, with a total output of some 60,000 tons of the fresh fruit.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade has accelerated negotiations with some foreign countries to intensify export of star-apple and mango to the US market, red dragon fruit to Japan, litchi, longan and rambutan to Australia, and other fruits and vegetables to new markets.
According to xinhuanet.com, Vietnam earned nearly $1.7 billion from exporting fruits and vegetables in the first five months of the year.
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: