Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Intent on exporting 1,000 tons of special litchis this year
Provincial authorities in Vietnam's northern Hai Duong province, home to a special kind of litchi called 'thieu', have plans to export 1,000 tons of the fruit in 2018. Thieu litchi trees are grown according to VietGAP or GlobalGAP standards, meeting strict requirements of export markets such as the US, Australia and the EU. Thieu litchis are exported to the Chinese market as well.
Hai Duong currently has some 10,500 hectares of litchi trees, mainly thieu litchis, in Thanh Ha district and Chi Linh town, with a total output of some 60,000 tons of the fresh fruit.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade has accelerated negotiations with some foreign countries to intensify export of star-apple and mango to the US market, red dragon fruit to Japan, litchi, longan and rambutan to Australia, and other fruits and vegetables to new markets.
According to xinhuanet.com, Vietnam earned nearly $1.7 billion from exporting fruits and vegetables in the first five months of the year.
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: