Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egyptian potatoes readmitted to Russian market
From 6 June 2018, Egypt is again allowed to supply potatoes to Russia from eight regions. A ban had been introduced due to cases of brown rot, as reported by the official Egyptian news agency MENA, citing the words of the Minister of Industry and Trade of Egypt, Tarek Kabila.
"The Russian authorities have agreed to lift the ban on the import of Egyptian potatoes from eight regions; imports from these areas are allowed again from 6 June," T. Kabil said.
He explained that such a decision became possible following the negotiations of the Russian-Egyptian intergovernmental commission, which met in Moscow in late May. There were also a series of visits, and moreover, Egypt sent Russia the results of checks on Egyptian agricultural products, which confirmed their compliance with international standards.
Publication date: 6/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: