Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sharp increase of Turkish fruit and veg exports to Russia
According to the Association of Exporters of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (UYMSIB), the export of fresh fruits and vegetables from Turkey grew by 25% between January and April this year, compared to the same period in 2017, and reached a value of $ 794 million (compared to $ 635 million a year earlier). According to an article published by Anadolu Agency, solving the problems with Russia played an important role in this rise of Turkish fruit and vegetable exports.
Other factors contributing to growth were the greater trust in Turkish products in European markets, as well as access to new markets.
During this period, a total of 1,557 million tonnes of fruits and vegetables were exported, which is 17% more than the previous figures, the association said.
During the same period, exports to Russia grew by 125%, from $ 90 million to $ 202 million, and the volume increased by 91%, reaching about 315,000 tonnes.
According to UYMSIB, Russian exports accounted for 70% of Turkey's export volume, with a value of $ 112 million out of $ 159 million.
Publication date: 6/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: