Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Blended burger competition announces panel of judges
As the James Beard Foundation’s annual Blended Burger Project™ grows in restaurant participation, the Foundation has named a panel of judges to help select this years’ top mushroom + meat blended burgers:
- Antoinette Bruno, CEO and Editor in Chief, StarChefs.com.
- Susan Westmoreland, Culinary Director, Good Housekeeping.
- Andrew Zimmern, TV personality, chef, writer and teacher.
Now in its fourth year, the Blended Burger Project challenges restaurants nationwide to create and menu burgers featuring at least 25 percent chopped, cultivated mushrooms for a dish they say is more delicious, nutritious and sustainable.
Restaurants can register for the competition today at: www.jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject/register.
Beginning May 28, and continuing through July 31, customers can visit participating restaurants to try a blended burger and vote for their favorites online. In August, the judges will review the 20 burgers with the most online votes and select five top winners based on most creative use of mushrooms, best flavor profile and best presentation. In the fall, the winning restaurants’ chefs will serve their burgers at a celebratory event at the James Beard House in New York City.
Since the Blended Burger Project launched three summers ago, nearly 1,000 restaurants have taken part, and burger fans have collectively voted more than two million times for their favorite entries. In addition, blended burgers have been placed atop numerous culinary trend lists and have been added to menus at independent restaurants and chains nationwide.
“We are incredibly thrilled Andrew, Antoinette and Susan will be a part of the Blended Burger Project judging process this year by selecting the winning burgers,” said James Beard Foundation vice president Kris Moon. “Each has played a critical role in advancing the food conversation and inspiring chefs and diners alike. It’s an honor to have them as our first-ever panel of judges at a moment in which blended burgers are ascending in awareness as a more sustainable, nutritious option for burger lovers and all-around culinary enthusiasts.”
James Beard Foundation conducts the annual competition in collaboration with the Mushroom Council. Visit jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject to read the Official Contest Rules, including eligibility requirements, voting and judging criteria.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (971) 247-4192
Publication date: 5/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: