Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Contest to raise awareness about healthy eating in schools1 out of every 3 children of school age in Argentina is overweight. Since a low consumption of fruits and vegetables increases the chances of contracting diseases such as diabetes, hypertension or high cholesterol, and children need to be educated about healthy and balanced diets to avoid problems in the future, Tropical Argentina, together with public and private organizations, are organizing the "Fruteá tu escuela" contest in all schools in the country.
The winners of 2017 are already receiving fruit from Tropical Argentina in their schools.
This contest is carried out with the collaboration of important institutions from both the public and private sectors. However, the main promoter is Tropical Argentina, which is convinced that "eating fruit is healthy and helps people avoid overweight problems. That's why we promoter this contest, which aims at carrying out actions that promote healthy consumption for the entire population."
In the contest, students have to make posters and videos explaining why it is necessary to incorporate fruit into your daily routine as a basis for a healthy diet. The selected works will win tablets, group trips, and, to achieve the goal, fruit allocations for a whole year for the school to which they belong. In addition, throughout the contest, professionals specialized in nutrition will provide information with recommendations and advice so that teachers can accompany their students' productions.
This awareness campaign will also reach the country's store owners and waiters, so that they get involved in the fundamental task of making young people eat better in recesses, for which they will be awarded prizes.
For more information:
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: