- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Due to US sanctions
Russian McDonald's to start using home-grown potatoes
McDonald’s restaurants in Russia have already been using Russian ingredients for most other menu items, but until now they had relied on frozen French fries from the Netherlands and Poland because Russian potatoes weren’t quite right.
Now McDonald’s is making the switch to home-grown potatoes to deal with rouble's volatility caused by fluctuating oil prices and western sanctions. A plant south of Moscow using potatoes grown on local farms will supply frozen fries to 651 McDonald’s restaurant across Russia.
The factory has capacity to process more than 200,000 tons of potatoes per year, washing, cutting and freezing the vegetables.
The rouble has recovered some ground as the price of oil, a major source of revenue for Russia, has risen from a low in 2016. But western trade restrictions remain in place.
Russia’s response to western sanctions included a 2014 ban on a range of western food imports.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 US potatoes - 2017 Summary
- 09/20/2018 "Potato markets supported by confirmation of low yields throughout Western Europe"
- 09/19/2018 US: Truck with no brakes spills onions near Paterson
- 09/19/2018 Uganda: Sweet potato porridge hits supermarket shelves
- 09/18/2018 Market and Crop Update for September 13, 2018
- 09/18/2018 International potato sales highest ever for the United States
- 09/18/2018 France: "Surfaces planted with traditional shallots in decline"
- 09/17/2018 Potato Europe 2018: Focus on seeds, machinery and storage technology
- 09/17/2018 Turkey: Potato harvest kicks off harvest in Bolu
- 09/17/2018 "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"
- 09/17/2018 India: Nafed to begin disposal of 13k tons of buffer onion stock
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: High productivity for potato harvest in Bitlis
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: Onion harvest has started in Bandirma
- 09/14/2018 Germany faces potato shortage after record hot, dry summer
- 09/14/2018 "Calmer atmosphere on the Dutch markets"
- 09/14/2018 "Luckily we made some headway with bale prices"
- 09/14/2018 Potato production in Azerbaijan - double the country's demand
- 09/14/2018 Record export volume for Holland Onions
- 09/14/2018 Canada: Potato crop on Prince Edward Island in need of rain
- 09/14/2018 US senator wants to probe alleged Canadian potato dumping