Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Farmwise closes fundraising round led by Cleveland Avenue, LLC Investment FirmFarmwise LLC, based in Boston, Massachusetts, the makers of Veggie Fries®, Veggie Tots® and Veggie Rings™ announces closing a $4.5 million financing round led by Cleveland Avenue LLC, the venture capital firm founded by Don Thompson, former President and CEO of McDonald's Corporation.
Farmwise® has been providing a fresh take on America's favorite frozen foods since 2014, when, with families and fries in mind, Boston-based couple Dave and Cristina Peters and their three children created the first batches of Veggie Fries® in their home kitchen. Using a blend of farm-grown vegetables and beans, the Peters developed a patent-pending process to provide consumers a healthier alternative to America's beloved fry. Farmwise continues to deliver break-through innovation with the launch of three varieties of Veggie Tots® (Broccoli, Cauliflower and Beets) and two varieties of Veggie Rings™ (Cauliflower and Butternut Squash).
"Our Cleveland Avenue investment philosophy is to search for emerging companies that have potential for mainstream success across multiple channels," said Thompson. "What Dave and Cristina have achieved in just four short years is impressive, and we look forward to helping Farmwise further accelerate their growth."
"As parents of three daughters, we're focused on creating healthy products that we're proud to serve our own family. Veggie Fries, Tots and Rings are a parent's dream – crispy, fluffy and delicious with an exceptional nutritional profile," said Cristina Peters.
"We're so excited to be partnering with the Cleveland Avenue team to bring our products to every family in America. Don and his wife Liz are also strong believers in "family first" and giving back to the community, and we are proud to be a part of their extended Cleveland Avenue family," said Dave Peters.
Joining Cleveland Avenue is Home Market Foods, Inc., a leading protein company with the number one brand of frozen meatballs (Cooked Perfect) and one of the fastest growing brands in the frozen chicken category (Fire Grilled).
For more information:
Cleveland Avenue LLC
@CleveAveLLC on Twitter and Instagram.
Tel.: +1 508-282-0648
Publication date: 4/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: