Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreakThe New South Wales farm linked to the rockmelon listeria outbreak in Australia is working with authorities to identify, quarantine and remedy the exact source of the contamination.
Rombola Family Farms in Nericon near Griffith voluntary halted production of potentially contaminated melons after becoming aware of the outbreak which has infected 17 elderly people across the country, killing two Victorians and two people from NSW.
The family-owned business has been working with the New South Wales Food Authority and with the entire supply chain to identify, quarantine and remedy the source of the listeria, a spokeswoman said in a statement on Thursday.
Araratadvertiser.com.au quoted her as saying: "As a family business we are all too aware of the impact the outbreak is having on fellow growers and the wider industry. Safety and quality are at the centre of what we do - year on year we examine and improve our systems and technology and we believe we operate one of the most advanced grower and packer facilities in the industry."
As a result of the outbreak, the NSW Food Authority may apply additional regulatory actions or supervision to the rockmelon industry to ensure compliance and to see improved safety outcomes.
The Authority is confident all affected produce has been removed from the supply chain and the rockmelons currently for sale and export are not contaminated.
Publication date: 3/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: