Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
US grower invests in research to add more celery varietals
Building upon a foundation of innovation, celery grower Duda Farm Fresh Foods invests in research to add six more patents to its celery varietals. As one of the world’s largest growers and shippers, supplying 33 percent of the celery consumed in the U.S., Duda welcomes three new breeders for a total of five to support the success of these new varieties.
The celery program consists of 183 years of research and 33 patents that the company says contribute to enhancing the flavor and quality of celery grown in the Duda fields. As the only company to invest in this type of research, Duda seeks to expand its celery program, residing from the west coast to the east coast.
“We are completely devoted to providing products based on consumer preferences, so we see this advancement in research necessary to deliver on this promise,” said Dan Duda, president of Duda Farm Fresh Foods. “Adding to our research program is something we are looking forward to and cannot wait to see what 2018 has in store.”
The addition of these new patents will allow the brand to develop new celery varieties and flavor profiles that are sweeter, crisper and have less strings. Nonetheless, the company will continue to support shoppers who are looking for convenient, fresh produce items with pre-washed, pre-cut snack packs.
“Duda is truly leading the effort in maintaining the high-quality products and customer service in the fresh produce industry with this investment,” said Larry Pierce, senior director research and development plant breeding at Duda Farm Fresh Foods. “It’s exciting to see how much this program has grown over the past few years and to know that our brand is committed to doing what is necessary to move the dial on innovation.”
Focusing on the “why” behind the buy, Duda Fresh said the brand’s legacy of innovation is recognized as the Celery Category Captain by Progressive Grocer.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (214) 206-3047
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: