Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: Blueberry shipments surpass last season's record
According to the Crop Report of the Chilean Blueberry Committee prepared by IQonsulting (which corresponds to week 9-2018), the season continues delivering good news in its end phase; in week 8, Chile exported 3,788 tons of fresh blueberries, i.e. 22% more than the volume that had already been re-estimated. So far, the country has exported 104,703 tons this season, surpassing last year's record season of 103,000 tons.
The main destinations for the Chilean blueberries last week were North America (78.2%), Europe (17.4%), and Asia (4.3%).
Organic shipments amounted to 471 tons, accounting for 12.4% of the week's shipments and following the expected trend.
The season is in its final phase and, since the good climatic conditions continues, the sector's final export volume could surpass the 106,000 estimated last week for this season. "Therefore, we will not continue estimating the next departures and we'll just observe how many volumes are shipped in the last weeks of this very special season," the entity concluded.
Source: SimFRUIT according to Crop Report
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: