Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: Blueberry shipments surpass last season's record
According to the Crop Report of the Chilean Blueberry Committee prepared by IQonsulting (which corresponds to week 9-2018), the season continues delivering good news in its end phase; in week 8, Chile exported 3,788 tons of fresh blueberries, i.e. 22% more than the volume that had already been re-estimated. So far, the country has exported 104,703 tons this season, surpassing last year's record season of 103,000 tons.
The main destinations for the Chilean blueberries last week were North America (78.2%), Europe (17.4%), and Asia (4.3%).
Organic shipments amounted to 471 tons, accounting for 12.4% of the week's shipments and following the expected trend.
The season is in its final phase and, since the good climatic conditions continues, the sector's final export volume could surpass the 106,000 estimated last week for this season. "Therefore, we will not continue estimating the next departures and we'll just observe how many volumes are shipped in the last weeks of this very special season," the entity concluded.
Source: SimFRUIT according to Crop Report
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: