Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italian transplanters popular all over the world
It exports 80% of its production all over the world, including the US. We're talking about Checchi&Magli, which designs and manufactures transplanters for vegetables, nursery plants and tobacco as well as machines for the cultivation and harvesting of potatoes.
Claudio Zarri in the Checchi&Magli showroom
"We have 42 years of experience in the sector. Our machinery aims at reducing labour and increasing productivity," explains sales manager Claudio Zarri."
One of the Checchi&Magli warehouses
Checchi&Magli's Italian technology is appreciated and renowned for its reliability. "We try to build simple machines, which doesn't mean they are banal, but rather that they last for the longest time possible. This has always been our philosophy and our products are considered reliable all over the world. We don't want to sell 'spare parts', we want to sell more and more machines and reach new markets."
The company started selling to the US ten years ago. Checchi&Magli mostly works with Spain and France in Europe, South African in Africa and Japan in Asia. "Our products are practically available in all of the five continents. Our markets of reference are developed or developing countries, where less labour is required and where the well-being of operators is safeguarded."
Accessory for synchronised irrigation
On top of being reliable, the company is also appreciated for its capability of designing and manufacturing made-to-measure transplanters.
Section destined to microgranules for localised fertilisation or pesticide treatments
For example, a water container to irrigate crops while transplanting them is currently very requested. This way, producers don't need to perform traditional irrigation after transplants. Another popular accessory is the container to distribute starter fertiliser or granular pesticide.
Tap to adjust water flow during transplants for synchronised irrigation
"One of our most successful patents is one that enables operators to plant two rows at the same time. It is particularly useful for lettuce and industry tomatoes."
The stand in Berlin 2018
Recently, Checchi&Magli also focused on transplanters that lay mulching films or that enable interventions after the film has been laid. These are particularly in demand with organic companies.
Transplanter on display in Berlin
"In the next few weeks, we will present the latest innovation for those working with mulching films. We will have models suitable for both large and medium-small businesses."
Via Guizzardi 38, 40054
Budrio (Bologna) - Italy
Tel.: +39 051.800253
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: