Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Variety specific apple juice to hit New Zealand's shelvesNext month a New Zealand company will launch three single pressed apple juices onto the domestic market, so apple lovers can buy juice made from specific varieties; JazzTM, Braeburn and Royal Gala.
"We’ve also blended our beloved apples with other fruits to create a new and exciting range of flavours including Braeburn & Valencia Pulpy Orange, Royal Gala & New Zealand Feijoa and Braeburn with Hawke’s Bay Pear," explains Amanda Lyon, marketing manager at The Apple Press. "It is important to us that we are choosing really good quality fruit from either specific regions or specific varieties, so consumers know what they are buying and what they are going to taste. We are also delivering authenticity and traceability.
This new beverage brand, The Apple Press began to take shape in 2013 when Hawke’s Bay apple grower Ross Beaton teamed up with food innovation specialist Sally Gallagher to tackle the industry challenge of utilising the “cosmetically challenged” fruit that was coming off the Hawke’s Bay apple orchards.
Their innovative solution was to use the fruit to create a range of premium beverages for the New Zealand market, following up quickly with export to key international markets.
"Lots of chilled juices on the market have quite a short shelf-life, but with the use of our clever technology we have achieved an extended chilled shelf life whilst still delivering a beverage that tastes and looks like the fruit it came from. Importantly it has no added sugar, no added colours and no preservatives," said Amanda.
"We don't need to have preservatives because of the technology we use. We have gone one step further using clever technology to minimise processing & ingredient requirements, to compliment the use of quality raw materials from a safe, sustainable and traceable source."
"We are looking at other apple varieties too, such as Granny Smith, where you can really demonstrate the difference between the sweet and the tart apples, we also have the exclusive licence of EnvyTM and JazzTM both from T&G, in the beverage category within key export markets. We will start with a core range for the New Zealand market and go from there."
Amanda said that initial response from retailers has been very positive and they have key accounts in New Zealand where they are just working through the final ranging.
For more information:
Tel: +64 (0) 21 487 993
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: