- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Variety specific apple juice to hit New Zealand's shelves
"We’ve also blended our beloved apples with other fruits to create a new and exciting range of flavours including Braeburn & Valencia Pulpy Orange, Royal Gala & New Zealand Feijoa and Braeburn with Hawke’s Bay Pear," explains Amanda Lyon, marketing manager at The Apple Press. "It is important to us that we are choosing really good quality fruit from either specific regions or specific varieties, so consumers know what they are buying and what they are going to taste. We are also delivering authenticity and traceability.
This new beverage brand, The Apple Press began to take shape in 2013 when Hawke’s Bay apple grower Ross Beaton teamed up with food innovation specialist Sally Gallagher to tackle the industry challenge of utilising the “cosmetically challenged” fruit that was coming off the Hawke’s Bay apple orchards.
Their innovative solution was to use the fruit to create a range of premium beverages for the New Zealand market, following up quickly with export to key international markets.
"Lots of chilled juices on the market have quite a short shelf-life, but with the use of our clever technology we have achieved an extended chilled shelf life whilst still delivering a beverage that tastes and looks like the fruit it came from. Importantly it has no added sugar, no added colours and no preservatives," said Amanda.
"We don't need to have preservatives because of the technology we use. We have gone one step further using clever technology to minimise processing & ingredient requirements, to compliment the use of quality raw materials from a safe, sustainable and traceable source."
"We are looking at other apple varieties too, such as Granny Smith, where you can really demonstrate the difference between the sweet and the tart apples, we also have the exclusive licence of EnvyTM and JazzTM both from T&G, in the beverage category within key export markets. We will start with a core range for the New Zealand market and go from there."
Amanda said that initial response from retailers has been very positive and they have key accounts in New Zealand where they are just working through the final ranging.
For more information:
Tel: +64 (0) 21 487 993
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 03/30/2018 NZ: The healthy snack alternative getting the most out of kiwifruit crops
- 03/30/2018 Unitec Group opens a new branch: Unitec Asia Pacific
- 03/29/2018 "There is definitely a growing interest for heritage varieties,"
- 03/28/2018 Frost fan ROI calculator launches online
- 03/28/2018 Darling Group ready to start shipping New Zealand avocados to China
- 03/27/2018 AU: The time is right to move into the digital trading world
- 03/26/2018 AU: Sustainability and expansion milestones for Manbulloo
- 03/23/2018 NZ kiwano now shipping direct to US east coast
- 03/22/2018 It will be a challenge to avoid a supply gap
- 03/21/2018 Australian hazelnuts focus on export options
- 03/20/2018 NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- 03/19/2018 High volumes for Australian Modi™ Apple growers this season
- 03/16/2018 Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- 03/15/2018 AU: The new jumbo grape varieties taking on Japan
- 03/14/2018 Kiwfruit harvest kicks off after good kiwiberry and avocado seasons
- 03/13/2018 Japan prepares to enjoy an apple a day with new JAZZ™ Apple Anniversary
- 03/12/2018 "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- 03/09/2018 Variety specific apple juice to hit New Zealand's shelves
- 03/08/2018 Massive 950 gram pear picked in Victoria, Australia
- 03/07/2018 Australia: Foodbank and Perfection Fresh tackle food waste