Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Azerbaijan: The main tomato supplier to Russia in 2017Russian media, the citing Federal Customs Committee, reported that Azerbaijan was the leading tomato exporter to Russia in 2017.
Azerbaijan increased its export volume by 50 percent to 151,000 tons (worth some $151 million dollars). Azerbaijan’s share in the Russian tomato import increased from 22 percent in 2016 to 30 percent in 2017.
According to en.trend.az, Russia accounted for 99.8 percent of Azerbaijan’s total tomato export in 2017. China held the second place with 109,000 tons (a 26 percent year-on-year increase). Morocco went down to the third place (from the first place it held in 2016). The country’s share correspondingly decreased to 23 percent with 97,000 tons. Belarus with 70,000 tons and Iran with 9,000 tons also entered the Top 5.
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: