Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Looking for the love of your life
Feng shui master: Throw your oranges before 9pm to find loveTomorrow is Chap Goh Meh, also known as Chinese Valentine’s Day. It is the day when young single women throw mandarin oranges inscribed with their names and telephone numbers into rivers and lakes in the hope of finding their true love.
Now, to increase their odds, Feng shui master Jessie Lee tells these ladies exactly where and when, to go. Lee said oranges should be tossed while facing south-east.
Thestar.com quoted her as saying: “The best time to toss the mandarin oranges is from 5.30pm until 8.59pm. You can make your wishes before you throw your mandarin orange.” Animal signs that would benefit most on that day are the Monkey, Rooster and Ox, Lee said.
“The Horse, too, has a good chance of finding someone during the event or getting to know someone while participating in the ritual,” she said. The Pig would not benefit directly from throwing the mandarin oranges this year, but Lee suggests attending the ritual and asking someone else to throw the mandarin oranges for you.
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: