- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Tomra continues expansion with acquisition of BBC Technologies
Freshtracker™ enables traceability of the origins and characteristics of individual products from harvesting, processing and packaging, through to point-of-sale.
Based in Hamilton, New Zealand, BBC Technologies’ origins go back to 2000 when founder and local blueberry growers Greg and Alison Furniss invented a blueberry grader and sorter which was then sold to other growers. The company shares with TOMRA a deep dedication to enhancing grower’s abilities to deliver consistent, high quality berries to an ever more demanding consumer.
Mike Riley, Head of TOMRA Food says: “This acquisition further increases TOMRA’s leadership in grading, sorting, and packaging solutions for fresh, packaged, and processed foods. Following the recent, successful integration of Compac, we are investing more into small fruit and reduced footprint deployments. We are also making large-scale investments to create new value for customers by extracting and analysing data from TOMRA equipment, which is complemented by the Freshtracker platform. This is just one example of how combining the two companies will generate significant new value and transform the industry.
“With an ever-increasing consumer focus on superfoods such as blueberries, the addition of BBC Technologies to TOMRA’s portfolio allows us to better serve the needs of growers and packers. Combined with BBC Technologies, TOMRA now offers the world’s most complete small-fruit sorting and packaging portfolio for large to small pack-houses, and for the growing number of repack and fresh produce distribution centres worldwide.”
Geoff Furniss, Head of BBC Technologies says: “Joining TOMRA provides the perfect platform to further enhance our technology and service offerings in all corners of the globe. As a company built by growers for growers, we respect TOMRA’s market leadership, which has been achieved through innovation and partnership with customers, consistent with the principles that have fuelled our own growth at BBC Technologies.”
“Customers of both companies will see continued dedication to meet and exceed their needs, including new support and service capabilities in all regions globally, so customers are never far from deep expertise. Beyond this acquisition, TOMRA is making other new investments in people, services, and technology to help customers optimise every aspect of their operations,” says Mike Riley.
BBC Technologies will operate as a division of TOMRA Food. Geoff Furniss will continue to lead BBC Technologies, reporting to Mike Riley, Head of TOMRA Food. The immediate priority is to ensure customers see further increased levels of service and support offerings as BBC Technologies leverages the global network of offices and personnel TOMRA operates around the world.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 "Stable retail for imported kiwi fruit in Taiwanese market"
- 2018-11-16 Costa announces agreement for acquisition of Nangiloc Colignan farm
- 2018-11-15 "Good step taken by opening our own warehouse"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Agrofruit goes into liquidation
- 2018-11-15 MSC, A.P. Moller – Maersk, CMA CGM, Hapag-Lloyd and Ocean Network to establish container shipping association
- 2018-11-14 Carrefour guarantees freshness of fruit and vegetables
- 2018-11-14 Opening of store "Les Comptoirs de la Bio" on Reunion Island
- 2018-11-14 HHLA exceeds last year's high level
- 2018-11-14 Two promotions for healthy snacks and salads company
- 2018-11-14 New chapter opens up for Canadian microgreen growers
- 2018-11-14 UK company expands further into South Africa
- 2018-11-14 China: "The ROI of projects is more important than ever"
- 2018-11-13 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-11-13 Kiremko appoints General Sales Manager
- 2018-11-13 Vergro celebrates its 50th anniversary
- 2018-11-13 Mercato ortofrutticolo di Lusia: Slow exchanges and oscillating prices in October
- 2018-11-13 "We are going to have more kilos of tomatoes and new varieties"
- 2018-11-13 Lidl Poland launches promotion to encourage healthy eating
- 2018-11-13 Village Farms reports 11% decrease in sales
- 2018-11-13 New dynamic in South Africa for Agro Sélections Fruits