- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
German man fined 208,000 euros for scanning meat as ‘fruit’
The man had done the same thing three times before and also had past convictions for theft and tax evasion. The court based the fine on the man's monthly income of 24,000 euros.
An article by abc.net.au shows how self-service checkouts normalise and excuse supermarket stealing. Supermarkets in Australia are also cracking down on the practice. Associate Professor Gary Mortimer from the Queensland University of Technology says there was $4.5 billion (2.87 bln euros) worth of retail theft in 2016. Studies show customers feel more comfortable stealing from a machine than when they came into contact with a human being.
NSW Police Detective Superintendent Murray Chapman said committing this kind of offence was a crime, no matter how small people thought it was. "Even if it is the avocado and you think you're saving $2, it's still shoplifting. It's still stealing, it's still a crime and if you get caught, you will be charged."
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 China: 6600 square meter plant factory constructed in Chongqing
- 09/21/2018 Colombian woman arrested for coordinating shipments of cocaine hidden in fruit
- 09/21/2018 Map of Africa based on population
- 09/21/2018 United Fresh appoints McDonald’s supply chain leader to Board of Directors
- 09/21/2018 Currency crisis unfolding – Will it catch up to the US?
- 09/21/2018 WTO members demand more clarity on US farm spending
- 09/21/2018 League of Legends’ latest mascot is a giant, talking cabbage roll
- 09/21/2018 Measure taken to keep South Australia fruit fly free
- 09/21/2018 Fresh processor introduces retail packaging featuring TV show branding for preschoolers
- 09/20/2018 US: Agri losses from Florence will be extensive
- 09/20/2018 'South Africa intent on expanding fresh exports to Russia'
- 09/20/2018 Chinese fruit, vegetable, and flower production annually increases
- 09/20/2018 China hits back at Trump: Tariffs on $60 billion of US goods
- 09/20/2018 South African berry and citrus farms introduce comic contracts
- 09/19/2018 New Zealand fears for world trade in wake of Trump's tariffs
- 09/19/2018 US-China trade war offers chances to Malaysian exporters
- 09/19/2018 ‘Afghanistan to export goods via Lapis Lazuli trade route in the near future’
- 09/19/2018 Sri Lanka rupee hits record low of 166.00 per US dollar
- 09/19/2018 ‘Agri renaissance possible for Western Cape’
- 09/19/2018 Some 35 place names in Iceland