Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Australian produce grower-marketer delivers colourful new fruit rangeAustralians are on the road to accessing more healthy fruit thanks to fresh produce grower and marketer, T&G Global.
Despite an increased focus on health and wellness, over 75% of Australians still don’t meet recommended daily intake of fruit and vegetables according to a study conducted by Horticulture Innovation Australia*.
The same report highlights that having greater access to fruit and vegetable varieties could boost consumption. Research by T&G, a major grower and distributor of fresh produce across Australasia, supported this finding.
T&G’s general manager in Australia (domestic), Daniel Waters says T&G identified an opportunity to assist Australian shoppers by making a wider, and more colourful range of fruits easily available to them under a new brand, Orchard Road.
“Orchard Road is a family of fruits packaged and promoted in a fun and engaging way. Consumers can expect a fresh rainbow of fruits to appear over coming months in select stores starting with a summer favourite - Tulare Giant Sugar plums. Berries, kiwifruit and other stone fruit will also be available in the coming weeks,” he says.
“We’re passionate about sharing our rainbow of goodness with everyone; to nourish and help people live healthy, active lives by feeding their bodies, as well as minds, with healthy fruit supported by a bespoke website (www.orchardroad.com.au). We’ll be providing consumers with tasty titbits of knowledge to help them on the road to better wellbeing through this site and other channels.”
Orchard Road is already in 800 stores across three States – New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria - with the range expected to expand further over the coming months.
*Reference: Fruit, vegetables and diet score. April 2017. CSIRO, Horticulture Innovation Australia.
For more information :
T&G Global Limited
Tel: + 64 27 201 2645
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: