- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Big dip in profits for Fresh Del Monte in 2017
Sales in the fourth quarter amounted to 953.7 million dollars, a small decrease compared to the 954.6 million dollars in the fourth quarter of 2016. This slight decrease was caused by lower sales in the bananas and processed category. The downward trend for these categories was partly offset by higher sales in 'other fresh produce.'
The gross profit of the company fell by more than 100 million dollars and amounted to 331.6 million dollars (2016: 464.4 million dollars). This was mainly due to a lower price for bananas and processed products and higher distribution costs for the remaining fruit. The lower costs for sea transport partly offset the higher costs.
The operational income comes to 152.7 million dollars, a decrease compared to the 244.2 million dollars a year earlier. The comparable income stands at 155.1 million dollars (2016: 265.5 million dollars). Net income also fell from $ 225.1 million in 2016 to $ 120.8 million last year.
Nevertheless, CEO Mohammad Abu-Ghazaleh is positive: "We are satisfied with the momentum for diversifying our range in 2017. We have expanded our presence in the global market." The director points to the 18% growth that the assortment of freshly cut fruit went through. The company continues to look for growth opportunities. An example of this is the offer for Mann Packing that is still open.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Aldi announces two-year deal with Carlow-based mushroom growers
- 09/20/2018 JD.com ramps up 7FRESH stores expansion across China
- 09/20/2018 Italy: 2500 tons expected of Dori' kiwis
- 09/20/2018 Plans to rebuild Munich wholesale market hall picks up again
- 09/20/2018 Claas van Os leaving Levarht
- 09/20/2018 "We hope to benefit more people with our knowledge and machinery"
- 09/19/2018 Mooy Logistics sold for 3.96 million euros
- 09/19/2018 Eric Biddiscombe joins Polymer Logistics
- 09/19/2018 Ross Williams receives Southeast Produce Council’s Next Generation Award
- 09/18/2018 Greenyard’s shares rebounding after reopening of Hungarian factory
- 09/18/2018 Midwest distributor names Bob Reich as VP of Sales
- 09/18/2018 Gladstone Land acquires two orchards in California for $6.9 million
- 09/17/2018 Courchesne Larose celebrates 100th birthday in style
- 09/17/2018 Sakata Seed America celebrates Grand Opening of Woodland Innovation Center
- 09/17/2018 Dole Food Co. sold its 168,000 square-foot corporate campus for $50 million
- 09/14/2018 China: Qingdao pear harvest
- 09/14/2018 "China: "Frozen pumpkins processed in large volumes"
- 09/14/2018 United Fresh enhances industry relations team
- 09/14/2018 Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- 09/14/2018 Sigfrido Fruit inaugurates new facilities and expects to reach 14 M€ in sales