Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand family watches woman steal honesty box and one cucumberLast Sunday evening Dennis Wade, his wife Stacey Jensen-Wade and their five children watched a car stop at the end of their driveway in New Plymouth. That is where the family has a small fruit and vegetable stall; the children often sell their home grown vegetables and fruit for a little extra money, as the family only has one income.
Wade stood in the door way and watched the woman, who was about 25 metres away, grab the cucumber and then pick up their honesty box and shake it at the driver of the car.
"It wouldn't have felt like much," Wade said. The family only sell about 10 pieces of produce at $1 a piece at a time, so the honesty box would have only had about $8 in it.
Wade called out to his family, and ran up the driveway to stop the thieving woman. Stuff.co.nz reported that he got the number plate of the car and phoned the police. "Stealing is stealing."
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: