Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Organic pumpkins to adopt laser labelling in Europe
Dutch based Bio Fresh, has become the latest fresh produce company to make a commitment to laser labelling, having elected to work with technology specialist, Laser Food, to introduce the eco-friendly system to its products, with the most recent being pumpkins.
Despite only having purchased Laser Food’s Laser Mark system a few short months’ ago, Bio Freshi is already actively using the technology to safely add organic and retail logos to a wide range of products, including organic pumpkins, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, coconuts, mangoes and avocados.
The laser labelled products are initially being sold through grocery retail clients in the Netherlands, but are expected to also be available in the
near future in selected supermarket outlets in Germany and Denmark.
Bio Freshi’s Oliver Hensel explained that the company initially became interested in laser labelling following the widely-reported agreement between Laser Food and fellow Dutch importer-marketer Eosta.
“We organised a meeting at Fruit Logistica, followed by a second meeting at Biofach, then went to Spain to look at the technology first-hand and speak to some of the existing clients,” recalls Hensel. “Speaking to our clients, we found that everybody was interested in the technology and wanted to make use of it.”
To date, Hensel says the system has achieved particularly good results with Bio Fresh’s signature product, pumpkins, leading the company to expand its usage across its broader portfolio.
Environmentally focused Laser Food’s Laser Mark system fits very well with the aims of organic-focused companies such as Bio Freshi when it comes to further improving their environmental credentials for the simple reason that the system eliminates the need for wasteful paper labels.
The system, which is approved for use in the EU, is also in itself eco-friendly, as it adds labels and logos by marking fruit surfaces using depigmentation through a process that does not harm the product in any way whatsoever.
For more information:
Tel (UK): +44 7796 948491
Tel (Mex): +52 1 442 252 1709
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: