Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuador is organizing the banana sector's most important event
The XXll ACORBAT 2018 International Meeting is the most important event in the banana sector. It brings together representatives from all over the continent to exchange opinions, discuss new projects, technology transfer, and define regional export policies for this fruit. Acorbat is in charge of interacting with the parties involved in the banana and plantain production chain.
This year, the event will be held in Miami from May 2 to 4, with Ecuador as special guest and organizer of this latest edition.
From left to right: Dr. Mario Orozco - Santos (International Scientific Committee of Acorbat), Engineer Victor Hugo Quimi (Vice President of Acorbat International), Dr. Jorge Sandoval (President of Acorbat International and of the Scientific Committee), Economist Ricardo Baquerizo (president of Expoplaza), Dr. Gerardo Cayon (member of the International Scientific Committee of Acorbat)
The president of Acorbat, Dr. Jorge Sandoval, and of two other members of the International Scientific Committee, Dr. Mario Orozco, of INIFAP in Mexico, and Dr. Gerardo Cayon, of the National University of Colombia, will meet this week in Guayaquil with the local Scientific Committee that is working in the analysis of the candidate works for this year's congress.
Since Ecuador was selected to organize the event, it can not be the venue of the event, as the general assembly of 2016 resolved that the event wouldn't be carried out in any producer country affected by the Fusarium Race 4 (a disease that threatens to end with banana crops) until the cure is found so as to not spread the disease.
For more information about the event, clic here.
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: