- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Transforming Germany’s cities into organic food gardens
As part of Biostädte (‘organic cities’), now Nuremberg joins a network of municipalities across Germany -including Munich, Bremen and Karlsruhe- working to make food production healthier and more sustainable.
In other cities like Berlin, Cologne and Kiel, urban and community-supported agriculture is introduced, which includes the greening of new buildings and the transformation of uncontaminated industrial land into community gardens. Their plans also foresee car-free, solar-powered districts where edible plants grow on and around buildings.
Citizens are being encouraged to cultivate useful crops, using public green areas in their neighbourhoods to plant rows of potato plants or fruit trees. In doing so, they alleviate the municipal taxes, as this costs less than designing and maintaining the public green spaces.
According to an article by dw.com, these urban agricultural spaces are intended to become focal points where food is produced, processed and traded.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 02/28/2018 ‘We want to be Europe's leading supplier of organic apples’
- 02/28/2018 "Demand for organic lemons is on the rise"
- 02/27/2018 Organic Hawaiian Turmeric season underway
- 02/27/2018 Mexico puts pressure on US organic citrus market
- 02/27/2018 “Our philosophy is to represent kiwifruit as a basic product”
- 02/26/2018 New harvest of South African organic pumpkins
- 02/26/2018 Study compares organic and conventional strawberries
- 02/26/2018 Organic papaya program opened the doors to a full organic line
- 02/23/2018 European organic market grew by double digits in 2016
- 02/23/2018 Indonesian organic farming: reducing dependence on imported pesticides and fertilizers
- 02/23/2018 US demand grows strongly for organic sweet potatoes
- 02/22/2018 Transforming Germany’s cities into organic food gardens
- 02/22/2018 Cool Texas winter ensures sweet organic grapefruit season
- 02/21/2018 Norma awarded best German organic retailer in 2018
- 02/21/2018 Photo report: Organic Route at Fruit Logistica 2018
- 02/20/2018 Italy: La Costiera organic Primofiore lemons
- 02/20/2018 Organic pumpkins to adopt laser labelling in Europe
- 02/19/2018 Chile: Demand for organic blueberries increases every year
- 02/16/2018 US: More plantings of organic celery
- 02/15/2018 UK organic market has seen six years of steady growth