Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mushroom grower launches blended product along with recipe ebook
Monterey Mushrooms, a fresh mushroom grower in North America, will showcase its product lines called Let's Blend, which are finely diced mushrooms ready to blend with ground meat, at the Southeast Produce Council’s 2018 Southern Exposure, March 1-3 in Tampa.
Let’s Blend comes in an 8-ounce package and three pre-seasoned flavors: Classic, Mexican and Italian. "It’s an easy way for home cooks to achieve the same blended concept that is now served in restaurants nationwide," said Lindsey Roberts, company marketing manager.
“People want to eat better without giving up flavor and texture,” Roberts said. “Let’s Blend works well with ground beef, chicken, lamb, pork or turkey. It makes meat juicer without adding fat or cholesterol.”
The Let’s Blend recyclable packaging has an extended shelf life (45 days), cooking instructions on pack, a visible use-by date and a cut out window to see the product.
The Let’s Blend line will be sampled in the booth at Southern Exposure. The company will be serving Let's Blend Mexican Taco Scoops featuring taco meat mixed with the Mexican-flavored Let’s Blend mushrooms.
In addition, the company will have samples of all the products and packages in its fresh line including: clean-n-ready, vitamin D, certified organic, as well as whole and sliced mushrooms in booth 235.
The company has also created a meatless meals recipe ebook featuring Portabella mushrooms.
"The recipes, which include popular foods such as pizza, enchiladas, a burger and lasagna, were developed for people looking for meat alternatives," Roberts said.
“This time of year you have New Year’s resolution dieters, people who do Meatless Mondays or those who are adopting the flexitarian trend of substituting meat with other things; mushrooms work well for all those eating habits,” Roberts said.
Last year the company created an electronic guide to mushroom nutrition for retail customers so they could promote the health benefits of mushrooms to shoppers. Prior to this, they released the Mushroom Small Bites & Beer Pairings guide that the company said was well received by customers and consumers.
“People are looking for information in digital formats and we want to make it easy to find,” Roberts said.
The company will promote the ebook via its social media channels and website.
For more information:
+1 (831) 274-5500
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: