Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam can export longans to Australia in 2019Longans from Vietnam may be exported to Australia in 2019, according to a delegation of the Australian Department of Agriculture and Water Resources. The delegation recently worked with the Department of Crop Production under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to examine longan farming, processing and packaging processes in northern Hung Yen province and southern Ben Tre province.
The Australian department will further discuss plant guarantee measures with its Vietnamese counterpart in the near future.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Agriculture said this is good news for the fruit sector as Australia is a potentially extensive fruit export market. Earlier, the country also permitted the import of fresh lychees, mangoes and dragon fruits from the Southeast Asian nation.
According to an en.vietnamplus.vn article, last year, fruit and vegetable exports set a record of US$ 3.5 billion rising 40% from the previous year. Vietnamese fruits and vegetables are sold in 40 countries and regions around the world.
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: