Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
First Honduran melons reach Taiwan
The first three containers of Honduran melons arrived on Monday at the Taiwanese market after the fruit's production farms in southern Honduras were certified by authorities in the Asian country last year.
The first shipment arrived at Port Keelung with a total of 5,460 boxes, according to the Ambassador of Honduras in Taipei, Rafael Sierra, who attended the shipment's arrival together with Taiwanese officials and executives.
Also present were the director of the Central America Trade Office (Cato); José María Liu; the president of the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Company, Pomina Enterprise Con, Ltd, Jeff Lee; and the representative of the exporter Agrolíbano, Jarvis Flores.
The National Service for Agro-food Health and Safety (SENASA) reported that the melons are of the Cantaloupe variety, produced on the Santa Rosa farm by Agrolíbano.
The SENASA authorities and the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (SAG) expect more exports to the Asian country, where there is a potential market of 23.5 million consumers with a per capita income of 37,000 dollars.
The melons exported are produced under a Mediterranean fly-free model, as previously confirmed by Taiwanese officials, according to Cesar Noé Pino, head of the institution's Admissibility Office.
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: