Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruit trucks stuck at China-Vietnam borderHundreds of trucks loaded with fruit for China have been seriously delayed at the northern province Tan Thanh border gate. Up to 500 trucks loaded with watermelons, dragon fruit, bananas and mangoes arrive at the China-Vietnam border crossing each day. Now China only allows some 250 trucks in per day because of storage issues. This has led to a 5 to 6 kilometre tailback at the border gate.
Lieutenant Colonel Nong Quang Tam of the Tan Thanh border post said officials from China and Vietnam have agreed to keep the border open longer, to help accelerate things and reduce congestion, but the situation has not improved much.
Meanwhile, Chinese food safety watchdogs have stepped up inspections of Vietnamese produce in the lead-up to the Lunar New Year, further slowing customs clearance.
According to english.vietnamnet.vn, the director of Lang Son Province’s Department of Industry and Trade Vu Hong Thuy said that poor weather in northern mountainous areas including the Tan Thanh border gate affected transportation and the Chinese side’s ability to receive the goods.
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: