Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruit trucks stuck at China-Vietnam borderHundreds of trucks loaded with fruit for China have been seriously delayed at the northern province Tan Thanh border gate. Up to 500 trucks loaded with watermelons, dragon fruit, bananas and mangoes arrive at the China-Vietnam border crossing each day. Now China only allows some 250 trucks in per day because of storage issues. This has led to a 5 to 6 kilometre tailback at the border gate.
Lieutenant Colonel Nong Quang Tam of the Tan Thanh border post said officials from China and Vietnam have agreed to keep the border open longer, to help accelerate things and reduce congestion, but the situation has not improved much.
Meanwhile, Chinese food safety watchdogs have stepped up inspections of Vietnamese produce in the lead-up to the Lunar New Year, further slowing customs clearance.
According to english.vietnamnet.vn, the director of Lang Son Province’s Department of Industry and Trade Vu Hong Thuy said that poor weather in northern mountainous areas including the Tan Thanh border gate affected transportation and the Chinese side’s ability to receive the goods.
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: