Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Focus on direct-to-consumer food business
Organic Produce Summit announces first educational session
The first of six educational sessions to be held at the Organic Produce Summit 2018 has been confirmed and will focus on what they say is the disruptive direct-to-consumer food business and its impact on fresh organic produce as well as the changing retail landscape. “E-Grocery and the Future of Organic Fresh Produce at Retail” will feature representatives from three of the nation’s leading digital grocers and meal delivery companies at OPS 2018, July 11-12 in Monterey, CA.
The session will feature panelists Tony Stallone, vice president of merchandising for Peapod; Dan Bourgault, head of brand partnerships for Instacart; and Don Barnett, COO for Sun Basket. Kevin Coupe of Morning News Beat will serve as moderator for the session, which will delve into the challenges and opportunities for organic fresh produce in the growing online grocery and food delivery category.
“OPS attendees will hear from three of the most innovative and progressive e-commerce companies in the organic food space today, “said Susan Canales, president of Organic Produce Summit. “Each company has a unique business proposition, and each is positioned as a leader in their respective category of the online food business. This session will be informative and insightful for those on both the production and sales side of the organic fresh produce industry.”
Left to right: Tony Stallone, Dan Bourgault, and Don Barnett
Panelists represent three online food organizations in the world and are industry leaders in direct-to consumer food sales:
- Peapod is owned by Ahold Delhaize and operates in 23 U.S. markets. It is currently the largest online grocery delivery store in the United States.
- Instacart is a San-Francisco based company that operates as a same-day grocery delivery service. Customers select groceries through a web application from various retailers and they are delivered by a personal shopper.
- Sun Basket is a subscription meal delivery service that ships member’s fresh organic and sustainable ingredients and recipes every month, allowing them to cook their own meal.
The first of six educational sessions is in addition to two featured keynote presenters announced last month. Ed Carolan, President of Campbell Fresh, and Dan Buettner, noted journalist, author, and discoverer of Blue Zones, will be featured keynote presenters at the third annual OPS to be held at the Monterey Conference Center.
The educational sessions and keynote presentation are part of the two-day OPS 2018, bringing together organic fresh produce growers/ shippers/processors and retailer and buying organizations from across North America. The third annual OPS will continue to announce additional educational sessions and an exclusive Retailer RoundTable in the coming weeks.
OPS 2018 will also feature a selection of field tours for retailers and buyers; a gala opening night reception and a sold-out trade show floor featuring 130 producers and processors of organic fresh produce from across North America and the globe.
For more information:
Organic Produce Summit
+1 (831) 884-5058
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: