Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Japanese experts to set up ‘experimental’ garlic farmsThe Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU) is setting up experimental garlic farms in Ilocos Norte. This is being done in partnership with experts from Japan in a bid to expand the province's production of the high-value crop, said Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque Jr last Saturday.
With the partnership, the Government officials "…hope to encourage local farmers to expand their production as the province aims to deliver at least 20% (26,000 metric tons) of national market demand."
According to gmanetwork.com, the Palace official took note that Ilocos Norte is regarded as the leading producer of garlic in the country with an annual production of 6,000 metric tons, and an acreage of 1,876 hectares.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: