Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Japanese experts to set up ‘experimental’ garlic farmsThe Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU) is setting up experimental garlic farms in Ilocos Norte. This is being done in partnership with experts from Japan in a bid to expand the province's production of the high-value crop, said Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque Jr last Saturday.
With the partnership, the Government officials "…hope to encourage local farmers to expand their production as the province aims to deliver at least 20% (26,000 metric tons) of national market demand."
According to gmanetwork.com, the Palace official took note that Ilocos Norte is regarded as the leading producer of garlic in the country with an annual production of 6,000 metric tons, and an acreage of 1,876 hectares.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: