- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Nigeria: Enugu onions dealers attribute high cost and scarcity to poor harvest
- New technology takes 87% of sugars out of fruit juice
- "We have been able to reconcile the parts that make up this great industry"
- Province of Paita could become Peru's largest producer of grapes
- Japan: Prices down for home-grown matsutake
Enormous pineapple on auction for Sands charity
Coral-Leah Kemp from Cairns nurtured the formidable fruit, which has had its own Instagram account, for years. The oddly-shaped pineapple took two years to grow and weighs 6.8 kg. This week it was picked, in order to auction it off for charity.
Miss Kemp works as the program director for the annual charity event Ride for Isabel, which raises money for Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Support (Sands). "It's certainly a unique thing to auction off, but the opportunity to raise much needed funds was too good to pass up.”
Bridget Sutherland from Sands’ Melbourne headquarters was impressed by the unique fundraising idea. "One of the biggest problems for people who have suffered the loss of a baby is feeling isolated. So having images like this in their social media networks has helped addresses that isolation."
Radioaustralia.net.au reports that in far north Queensland, pineapple are going for $2.29 per kg. So the giant fruit would sell for about $15.50 if sold at market price. But online bids have already surpassed that amount many times, having moved into the hundreds of dollars.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-21 First reports of post harvest rot in Greek kiwis
- 2018-11-21 California pomegranate exports performing well this season
- 2018-11-21 Quandong surges from native Australian fruit to highly consumed delicacy
- 2018-11-21 University of Minnesota tries to big up the kiwiberry
- 2018-11-21 Israeli company supplies avocados year-round
- 2018-11-20 Spain: "We want to work only with the biggest avocado producers"
- 2018-11-20 Brazil: Early start for Brazilian fig season
- 2018-11-19 "Fig market grows generically"
- 2018-11-19 Kiwis grown on Dutch soil
- 2018-11-16 Peru: 2018, the worst year for Hass avocado exports
- 2018-11-16 Russian cucumber and gherkin production up by 14%
- 2018-11-16 Goldenberries are the real superfood, says South African producer with big European plans
- 2018-11-16 Drought in India casts shadow on pomegranate exports from Pune
- 2018-11-16 Mexico: Producers and authorities want a designation of origin for Michoacan's avocado
- 2018-11-16 Spain: Good prospects for Huelva's avocado campaign
- 2018-11-16 Peru prepares a training program to boost avocado exports
- 2018-11-16 India and Peru to discuss FTA in New Delhi next month
- 2018-11-15 China: Price of wax gourds increased
- 2018-11-15 Brazil authorizes entry of Peruvian pomegranates
- 2018-11-15 Costa Rica: Avocado producers and Government prepare National Avocado Plan