Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Collaboration between Canadian, European and Australian growers
Ready to roll-out Toma'muse conceptThis year, at Fruit Logistica, the Belgian company, Stoffels Tomatoes, will highlight the three product groups their business revolves around. The renewed Automato will be at their stand. The story behind Toma'chef, of which there are numerous varieties, will also be explained at the trade show. The Toma' line, which was the best-selling retail package this past year, has undergone a complete rebranding. It will be displayed, in its entirety, at the show.
New to the 2018 range is the Toma'muse concept. Toma'muse is an innovative tomato that is produced by four trend-setting companies in the world: Mastronardi Produce (Canada), Stoffels Tomatoes (Belgium) La-Palma (Spain) and Perfection Fresh (Australia). There is a unique partnership between the breeder, Toma'Tech, and the producers. Toma'Tech owns the genetic material, while the producers own the brand. They can sell the products in each of their respective markets. This 'go-to-market' market strategy, suggested by Stoffels, divides the Toma'muse brand among three continents (North America, Europe, and Australia. This strategy makes it a one-of-a-kind international brand.
Stoffels is ready roll out the Toma'muse concept. "We have been working hard, over the last few months, on new consumer packaging for this unique tomato", says Petra Veldman, one of the Managers at this company. "The international agreements over the name and look, as well as the look of the joint project, had to be kept in mind. The result also had to fit in with the Stoffels corporate brand and the newly completed rebranding of the whole Toma' line. The reactions to the finished product have been very positive. The Toma'muse will be in the shops soon."
Muse of taste
Toma'Muse is a unique tomato variety when it comes to taste and shape. With a brix of 9, the flavour can be described as sweet and aromatic. This flavour intensifies while being eaten. Consumers often compare it with a good glass of wine. The most distinctive characteristic is its strawberry-like appearance, combined with a deep purple-red taste. Its firm structure and crisp bite make it an ideal kitchen tomato. The Toma'Muse is easy to slice and does not lose much juice. Perfect for a colourful salad or attractive oven-grilled dish.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: