Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Demand for Medjoul dates is on the riseAlthough demand for Medjoul dates is increasing every year, supply is keeping up with demand. In Israel, where the majority of Medjoul dates are grown, the 2017 yield was 10% higher than the previous year.
“Galilee Export, one of the biggest Israeli exporters of fresh produce and dates expects both these trends to continue”, says Alina Iefimova, Key Account Manager at Galilee Export. The fact that there are sufficient Medjoul dates on the market means prices are also remaining stable. This company has also increased its export volume of Medjoul by 50% in the current season. They have done so is in order to meet the growing demand from the market.
This Israeli exporter sells these dates year-round, thanks to its long shelf-life when stored appropriately. “Sales of Medjoul dates peak during the spring months”, says Alina. Galilee Export focuses on the sale of consumer-format packaging, ranging in size from 180g to 1kg net fruit weight.
Galilee Export will be at the upcoming Fruit Logistica 2018 which is to be held in Berlin from 7 - 9 February. They will present Medjoul dates as well as all their other products. These include avocado, citrus, pomegranates, mangoes, lychees as well as organic fruit.
Visit their stand at City Cube, Hall b, C18.
For more information:
Tel: +972 36 53 90 36
Mob: +972 54 485 9377
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: