Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Successful launch of new watermelon LynxTogether with its partners, Hazera has introduced the new mini-watermelon, Lynx F1.
Hazera focuses on delivering superior value throughout the chain, with dedicated vegetable variety breeding and support, creating products that respond to needs and emerging growth opportunities. This is accomplished through long-term cooperation with growers, processors, traders and retailers.
Recently, Hazera introduced a new variety in close cooperation with its partners.
Lynx F1 is a high quality mini-watermelon of around 2 kg, with excellent shelf-life, great taste and good storability, both inside or outside the refrigerator. The variety is crunchy, has a good firmness and an excellent taste according to consumer checks.
Mark van der Zouwen, Global Product Manager at Hazera says: "Agricola Famosa Brazil is growing and packing the variety and making sure it is produced and shipped properly to the Netherlands. Total Produce, as a key supply chain specialist, is making sure the variety is not just distributed to the supermarkets, as it comes with a clear message resulting in a growing demand by the consumers. Mutual respect, trust and teamwork are key factors in this process and the base for successful results and good benefits for all parties. Close co-operation is an essential value for Hazera".
Richard Müller from Agricola Famosa: "For 15 years we have had a successful partnership with Hazera. Hazera is a dynamic company that develops new and better varieties every year, solidifying our positions as leaders in the watermelon market".
Lennart Visser from Total Produce: "For 5 years we identified the potential of a micro seedless watermelon. Through intensive collaboration with Hazera and our supplier we were able to realize a high-quality product and obtained a prominent position in the sector for this product category".
Find out more at our booth during Fruit Logistica 2018, hall 3.2, booth C-17.
For more information: www.hazera.com
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: