Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Panama: First pineapples of the Panama Exports brand shipped to Switzerland
The first container of pineapples bearing the country's brand left on January 28, 2018 with 1,600 boxes bound for Switzerland.
The merchandise is owned by the Chirian company, Tropical Fruit Co. As such, the company now joins Panama Fruit, which sent 1080 boxes of papaya from David, Chiriqui, to the United States, and the Panama Squash company, located in El Barrero de Pese, Herrera, which exported a container of 1,350 bags of Arjuna F1 pumkins.
The pineapples of the MD2 variety are being transported in boxes that have the capacity for six or 8 fruits, depending on the fruits' size, and will make a stop in the Netherlands before reaching their final destination in Switzerland. The company aims to increase its exports to 25 thousand boxes in 2020.
The Ministry of Agricultural Development (Mida) tweeted "Papaya, pumpkin, and now pineapple. Panama produces the best for our people and for the world. The #PanamaExports brand is the seal of quality and excellence of what we grow in our land."
The brand, which is driven by the Mida and the Ministry of Commerce and Industries (Mici), has already been used to export papayas, pumpkins, and pineapples.
In addition to being endorsed by Panamanian institutions that regulate all issues related to export, the companies that use the Panama Exports brand receive technical assistance and training, and also participate in international fairs and business meetings.
Publication date: 1/30/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: