Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan also intends to enter Iranian kinnow market
Indonesia is lifting quota restrictions on Pakistani kinnowsLast Friday, Indonesia’s commerce minister announced the lifting of quota restrictions on kinnow imports from Pakistan. An unlimited quantity of the citrus fruit can now be shipped to his nation.
The announcement came during the Indonesia-Pakistan Business Forum in Islamabad, which was attended by commerce ministers of the two countries.
Pakistan exported 36,000 tons of kinnow to Indonesia -worth $19.8 million- last year. “After the removal of quota curbs, it is expected that Pakistan’s kinnow exports will increase to 60,000 tons,” said All Pakistan Fruits & Vegetable Exporters, Importers & Merchants Association former chairman, Waheed Ahmed.
The Indonesian minister also invited Pakistani businessmen to explore investment opportunities in his country.
And then The Tribune shared the news that Pakistan is seeking to enter the Iranian kinnow market. Pakistan’s economy has been on the path of recovery since 2013, registering a growth of 5.3% in 2016-17, which was the highest in the past 10 years.
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: