Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt: Renewable energy proves a winner for pumpkin growerRenewable energy is proving to be a winning decision for Egyptian company Oriental Trade Co. They have been using solar power to cut electricity costs and to be more environmentally friendly, the latter of which is being demanded more and more from their customers.
"One of our main and most successful core crops is the pumpkin. Using renewable energy won’t just save money it will make our products much better positioned with our trading partners," explains Mr Soliman, General Manager at the company. "This will allow us, as producers, to present a premium to environmentally concerned consumers. Aside from trimming down that electric bill, solar power allows farm lands to be much more eco-friendly."
Pumpkins are becoming a fast-growing crop for export
"Our pumpkin range is high in quality and nutrients. It goes through numerous inspection stages, the pumpkin must meet crucial parameters such as freshness, purity, taste, maturity, and extended shelf life."
Oriental Trade Co is developing different types of pumpkins
• Muscat de provence pumpkin; their natural season runs from week 5 up to week 23.
• Hokkaido Pumpkin; their natural season runs from week 5 up to week 23.
• Butternut Squash; their natural season runs from week 5 up to week 23.
"We are able to grow any new varieties needed by customers / market. The art of growing pumpkins is a challenge for Oriental, we are using all the latest growing trends, which is why we are recognized for our high quality standards," says Mr Soliman.
Oriental Trade Co.
Mob : +20 10 1050 3491
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: