Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Honduras: Workers Union and Chiquita on the verge of an agreement
The US transnational corporation in Honduras, Chiquita Banana, and the Workers' Union are on the verge of reaching an agreement that will allow them to resume their work, according to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security (STSS).
The head of this ministerial portfolio, Carlos Madero, said that the workers have been claiming since the beginning of the month that there were changes in the provision of health services for members of the union.
Madero stated that he hoped that the workers would resume their daily work in the farms located in the northern part of the country next week.
The transnational company has threatened to withdraw from the country, which would cost about 4,000 jobs. According to Madero, Chiquita is a "very important company in the country's employment history."
"We see that they already have an agreement that is good enough for them to resume their work." He also said that the negotiation would have positive effects for both parties, under a partial agreement on hospital care for workers.
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: