Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Portugal: Increased popularity for ready to eat salads“We've experienced a positive growth in the overall market of ready to eat salads. This market in general is performing well, reflecting a clear consumer trend to adopt a healthier diet consuming more vegetables and fruit in a more convenient way. Vitacress is grabbing this opportunity and our strategy is paying off,” explains Jose Fradeira, sales director from Vitacress Portugal.
Vitacress has its own business unit in Portugal, including their own farms and factory. “In 2017 our Turnover grew 19%, far above the overall market performance that has grown 10.5%. Most of our growth is the result of the ready to eat segment, the salad bowls segment and as well the vegetables snack line, which we launched during Web Summit Conference. Our snack range was available at Speakers lounge and we have a stall on the food court of the conference. This includes products such as cherry tomatoes, baby radish and baby carrots. We are proud to say that McDonalds Portugal has our baby carrot snack packaging in their assortment. It’s mostly sold as part of the Happy Meal, in order to introduce vegetable snacks at an early age of the children.”
Our brand is also present on Spanish market, where we have built a strong position through our Organic range of bagged salads. Organic is another promising trend not only is Spain but also in Portugal. A good signal of this new trend is the strong investment of all retailers not only dedicating more space to organic products but also opening new stores that are exclusively offering organic food. We foresee a faster growth of this trend in the coming years."
“Fruit Logistica in Berlin is always a good moment to interact with our export customers and show our brand to other potential international customers. Obviously, our ready to eat salads can´t be exported outside Portugal and Spain. The shelf life is too short for that. However, we export washed and packed vegetables to, for example the more Northern region of Europe. Countries that we export to are for example Norway, Poland, Switzerland, Denmark, the Netherlands and more”, concludes Fradeira.
You can visit Vitacress Portugal at the Fruit Logistica in hall 5.2 at stand C-12.
For more information:
T: (+351) 283 320 500
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: