Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Portugal: Increased popularity for ready to eat salads“We've experienced a positive growth in the overall market of ready to eat salads. This market in general is performing well, reflecting a clear consumer trend to adopt a healthier diet consuming more vegetables and fruit in a more convenient way. Vitacress is grabbing this opportunity and our strategy is paying off,” explains Jose Fradeira, sales director from Vitacress Portugal.
Vitacress has its own business unit in Portugal, including their own farms and factory. “In 2017 our Turnover grew 19%, far above the overall market performance that has grown 10.5%. Most of our growth is the result of the ready to eat segment, the salad bowls segment and as well the vegetables snack line, which we launched during Web Summit Conference. Our snack range was available at Speakers lounge and we have a stall on the food court of the conference. This includes products such as cherry tomatoes, baby radish and baby carrots. We are proud to say that McDonalds Portugal has our baby carrot snack packaging in their assortment. It’s mostly sold as part of the Happy Meal, in order to introduce vegetable snacks at an early age of the children.”
Our brand is also present on Spanish market, where we have built a strong position through our Organic range of bagged salads. Organic is another promising trend not only is Spain but also in Portugal. A good signal of this new trend is the strong investment of all retailers not only dedicating more space to organic products but also opening new stores that are exclusively offering organic food. We foresee a faster growth of this trend in the coming years."
“Fruit Logistica in Berlin is always a good moment to interact with our export customers and show our brand to other potential international customers. Obviously, our ready to eat salads can´t be exported outside Portugal and Spain. The shelf life is too short for that. However, we export washed and packed vegetables to, for example the more Northern region of Europe. Countries that we export to are for example Norway, Poland, Switzerland, Denmark, the Netherlands and more”, concludes Fradeira.
You can visit Vitacress Portugal at the Fruit Logistica in hall 5.2 at stand C-12.
For more information:
T: (+351) 283 320 500
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: